Monday, October 1, 2007

Studio Final: Research and Exploration

My research involved reflecting similarities from the surrounding arcitecture in my site. The long front patio reflects the length of The Boston Public Library and I brought a similar shape of the windows from the library to my site by having the window arches. The New Old South Church inspired my second west patio. I wanted to provide an extra view of this historic building. I chose the have a square patio to relate to the large square window in the church.
This perspective shows how my building horizontally relates to The Boston Public Library.


This is a sketch to show the many different materials used to build this structure.
This oulines the horizontal front facade of The Boston Public Library in order to relate it to the mass of my building.

No comments: